Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital is a multispeciality hospital, located in the heart of Bangalore City, at Shivajinagar. The hospital is over 100 years old ,approx 2 kms towards east of Vidhana Soudha. The architecture of the buildings are of modern as well as that of the yester years. Bowring Hospital was established in 1867 for men and Lady Curzon Hospital was established in 1890 for women and children. Lewis Bentham Bowring was the chief commissioner of Mysore and Coorg from 1862 to 1870. Lady Victoria Curzon is the wife of Lord Curzon , who was Viceroy 1899-1905.
In 1893, the hospital was handed over to Govt of Mysore. During the 1920s there were eleven wards accommodating over 100 beds, of which three wards were for special patients. There were General wards , Caste wards, Special wards and some beds were kept for maternity cases
To ensure all the proposed plans for the future as listed next are fulfilled.
To elevate B&LCH to corporate standards.
To bring about a work culture encompassing commitment, sincerity, transparency and humane touch to providing services to all the patients coming to this hospital.